Thursday 26 July 2007

Canadian Vaccation

Hello, welcome back to the blog. Please feel free to comment. I think anyone can now. And, if you comment then I know someone is looking at this site and that we are loved :)

Canada was awesome! The weather was brilliant, the company was fun and the events were spectacular.

I got to see Heather and Scott's little one























Nick and I met up with my brother Dan and his wife Christine in the Okanagan. When I was growing up I spent many summers at our family cabin there. It was great to show Nick the same cabin and beach I spent so much time at.






We had a BBQ with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunty Helen, Uncle Dana, my cousin Christine, her hubby Greg and their little one Zac.



Nick and Dan even got a round of golf in.



We arrived back in Calgary just in time for the Stampede parade which we watched with Mom, her friends, Gillian and Tod.



The parade was awesome. There was lots to see and was a great way to spend the morning. Here are a few highlights of the parade.

















Of course, the person who stole the show was MY STEP-DAD!





We saw Good Charlotte on the Coca Cola stage.



Sadly, we didn't get to see all our family and friends, but we did see a few.



And ended the trip with a Sleeman beer at the airport.



There were so many people and things we didn't get to see. 2 weeks goes by so fast. Next year I want to throw a great big BBQ where everyone can pitch a tent and meet up. Everyone from UofL, Sundre, etc. It will be like a little reunion of friends. Then, with the rest of my time, I can see my family. I still have to explore my uncle's new home in Edmonton. I think he built it two or three years ago! Shame on me.

5 comments:

peatuhacs said...

Hello Diana

I was just going thru blogs and happen to come across yours.

I just opened a new blog and was just about to close my old blog.

My new blog also happen to have the same template as yours and for a second I was like "Hang on that's my blog! But I did not publish those posts" and then I realized it was someone else's (yours)

It's a nice blog. So how was Canada? I live in Papua New Guinea, north of Australia. I will be going to work and live in Norway next month. I think I will be faced with a huge culture shock and ...oh it's gonna be so cold. I am from the tropics and I have never experience temperatures below 20 degrees celcius.

Anyway cheers

DirtyMrClean said...

Great to hear that you enjoy your trip back home! It always go to head home and see how things have changed and to see people you haven't for awhile. Great to hear you got some great time with your family. This post was just "brilliant". :P

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you had a good trip home. I think the bbq idea is a great idea that way everyone who wants to see ya can come to visit. I will be honest i was a little disappointed that we couldn't get together but that is not your fault. That is just the way life is sometimes so next time I will be wherever you want me to.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip

Anonymous said...

No sign-up phobe am I !!!
I love your photos and comments, well done!
I only wish you could have been camping with us in the Hot, Dry, Okanagan.